ONESQA's Strategies (2011 - 2015)
First strategy : Development of Body of Knowledge to Enhance Expertise
- To promote educational institutions development: to disseminate information to all parties concerned to make them aware of and recognize the importance of quality assurance. The administrators and personnel of educational institutions will be developed, so as to be nurtured with understanding, acceptance, commitment, and having good attitudes towards internal and external quality assurance. Thus, they will be able to integrate internal quality assurance as a common feature of the administration and carrying it out as a systematic and continuous process. ONESQA encourages educational institutions to develop their Self Assessment Report as their annual report. These educational institutions also seek collaboration from communities and support from their parent organizations, in order to improve their teaching-learning activities, administration and management up to the standards required. Quality institutions need support from other stakeholders so as to be able to enhance their competitiveness, as well as receiving continuous assessment to be able to improve their quality under competent and able leadership.
- To build-up Body of Knowledge and assessment methodology: to build up Body of Knowledge on educational quality assurance, including quality development, monitoring quality, as well as internal and external educational quality assessment. The results of the external quality assessment will be synthesized to reflect an overall performance of the national education standards, and to make policy recommendations for the enhancement of the national educational standards and quality. ONESQA will conduct institutional research and research and development in order to make use of EQA results to develop the quality of education.
Second strategy : Development of Assessment Process
- To develop the efficiency of EQA system: to encourage educational institutions to develop effective teaching and learning system to uplift the quality of learners.
- To recruit competent assessors: to promote and develop professionalism of assessors. ONESQA will develop effective training programme so as to produce competent and leading assessors. To achieve this goal, ONESQA promote EQA assessors’ profession by collaborating with EQA networks together with relevant organizations and professional associations. ONESQA will also develop core resource persons and experts in quality assurance. Moreover, ONESQA will recruit quality assessors by selecting external assessors who are not only suitable but who are also physically and mentally sound, and they must have positive attitude towards quality assurance and believe in the usefulness of external quality assessment.
- To pursue Amicable Assessment Model: to review the quality of educational institutions by respecting their goals, principles and styles of delivering and management. The assessment will be carried out in accordance with the actual facts. In order to confirm the assessment findings, either site visit on the location or assessment by means of technology will be accepted. The goal is to reassure the outcomes of the internal quality assurance achieved by the educational institutions. This assessment model is, therefore, an integration of self-assessment, experiential assessment, reinforced assessment, quality assessment, together with comparative standard assessment. ONESQA will certify education standards and provide reports on educational quality and standards assessment containing recommendations for rectifying. Educational institutions will receive those assessment reports from parent organizations in order to improve their standards within a specific time frame with regard to improving the quality of the institution and the national education as a whole.
Third strategy : Utilization of Assessment Results for Quality Development
- To utilize database as guide for development: to develop and update database of all educational institutions in Thailand for future search and reference. The information database will be connected with those of parent organizations and education institutions. ONESQA will establish Automated QA platform to link EQA information and results with information from internal quality assurance of educational institutions. The shared information platform will provide overall picture of standards and quality of educational institutions and will be useful for future research that will serve as effective database guiding quality development and providing as a means for consumer protection.
- To make use of research as means to enhance quality: EQA results will serve as recommendations for quality improvement and transform into pilot implementation. In addition, EQA results will be harnessed as suggestions for quality improvement of the assessed institutions, and these EQA results will be synthesized as report to provide guiding principle for quality development of the national education. ONESQA will submit the report to the Council of Ministers, Minister of Education, Bureau of the Budget annually for making decision on the policy formulation and budget allocation for education. The same report will be disseminated to relevant agencies and to the general public.
- To encourage participation of stakeholders to raise quality: To make use of EQA results to develop the quality of teaching and learning of educational institutions and education system. ONESQA will conduct researches on the quality of teaching and learning of all levels of education, quality of education as a whole, as well as conducting study on harnessing EQA results to develop teaching and learning and institutional management. Moreover, in order to promote quality assurance more effectively, EQA results will be integrated into decision making process for the allocation of budget to support education. By so doing, ONESQA encourages education institutions to come up with quality culture so as to create quality of life in their institutions and the societies. ONESQA also encourages participation of all stakeholders to contribute to enhance quality of education by sharing and exchanging their resources, best practices, teaching and learning innovation with the ultimate goal of uplifting the quality of all levels of education.
- To promote, develop, and provide advice-giving on quality assurance: To promote research and development on quality assurance. ONESQA will provide advice-giving to relevant institutions and organizations on enhancing quality of education. Taking into consideration the necessary act in response to critical need to develop quality of education, ONESQA might decide to conduct its own study on the subject.
Fourth strategy : Innovation Leading to Internationalisation
- To transcend into internationalisation and excellence centre: to develop modern management, transparency and efficiency of the operation to satisfy the needs of both domestic and international clients. ONESQA will develop its personnel, create learning centre, and establish the organization as an excellence centre in the field to serve domestic and international needs.
- To create advance networks with other agencies and individuals: to set up advance networking at national and international levels to collaborate on developing quality assurance system and educational reform.